Benefits of Getting a Colorado Medical Card
You don’t have to have an MMJ card to legally buy cannabis in Colorado, but there are multiple reasons to become a cardholder.
- Much lower tax rate for medical patients compared to recreational users – 2.9% compared to 15% for recreational users
- Greater levels of legal protection for medical patients
- Larger possession limit for concentrates – 2 oz. flower or 1 oz. concentrate for medical patients compared to 2 oz. flower, 8 grams concentrate, or 800 mg of edibles for recreational
- Being a medical marijuana user may allow you to join a medical marijuana cooperative, giving you access to potentially much better cannabis produce
- You may be allowed to grow more cannabis plants with the appropriate doctor’s recommendation